- 22 oz Bottles and 5.16/15.5 Gal Draft
- 9.3% ABV
- 38 IBU
Aphotic [ā-fō’-tic] Greek: without light.
Formally defined as the depths in water beyond which less than one percent of sunlight penetrates. Aphotic is a beer with a very dark side. Just one sip and you will understand the true depths of its darkness as the deep, luxurious layers of malt richness tantalize and tease your taste buds.
This is a clean, balanced and straightforward American porter, offering attractive notes of chocolate malt, roasted coffee bean and a hint of dried fruit, like plum and fig. It’s opaque black in color, with a thick tan-colored head that lingers nicely. The palate is rich and creamy, with thick bittersweet chocolate and black coffee flavors that linger on the finish, alongside a subtle, drying astringency.
- Bronze Medal GABF 2014 Imperial Porter Category
- 2015 Good Foods Award Winner
- 2016 Good Foods Award Finalist
- Bronze Medal 2016 West Coast Invitational Mild, Porters and Stouts category